Our staff compiled the top 5 things we want cons to do better.
1. Educate your staff! We understand most cons survive on volunteers and while they don’t have all the answers, they could at least have a few answers. Please, give your volunteers the FAQ rundown or make sure they know where to properly direct us for answers.
2. Clean the bathroom! Part of the cleanliness is up to us and we’ll take some responsibility for the mess. But at least make sure the bathroom is properly stocked and cleaned every so often. We shouldn’t have to beg for a clean restroom or a functioning toilet.
3. Restrict the dealers! Everyone wants exclusives and nothing is more infuriating than a dealer buying everything and tripling the price. Restrict dealers on how much they can buy. If they are selling an exclusive for your con, make them keep the price reasonable. We’ll pay a little extra but within reason.
4. Let us rest! Provide adequate rest areas. Some people aren’t capable of being on their feet for hours and hours. Please make sure everyone knows of your rest area and provide ample seating. Sitting on the floor is not the same as sitting in a chair. We’re just asking for a place to rest without clogging walkways.
5. Live updates! Have an active social media account letting us all know what’s going on. We’re asking for a easily accessible social media account that will give real time updates. If there’s a 5 hour wait to get into Hall H, let us know. If there’s a line for a bathroom and just around the corner another one is empty, let us know. Dedicating a twitter account for updates is free and easy.