Welcome to the beginning of Con Season. Some think that San Diego Comic Con marks the end of the Convention Season, but I honestly think it is only the beginning. The Summer into Fall time is probably the busiest time of the year for those who love Conventions. It get’s so busy sometimes you need to pick and choose which conventions you want to attend. I get stressed even thinking about it.
Well thankfully, we have the inside track on a one of the many conventions happening this Summer in sunny Southern California.
Nerd Con 2016 – A Convention 4 Nerds by Nerds
2015 was the first year of Nerd Con and IT WAS A HIT!!!!! I attended last year and it was amazing. This year they are going bigger and better.
Nerd Con 2016 will be taking place this year from August 26th – 28th at the California Center for the Arts in Escondido, CA. WOOT 3 days this year!
Nerd Con 2016 will host a wide variety of nerd themed fun including: Comics, Cosplay, Anime, Gaming, Fashion, Theater, Science & Tech, Art, Workshops, Panels, and Live Music.
This year’s theme will take us back to the 80’s and 90’s! You know… big hair, flying DeLorean’s, Transformers… all the good stuff.
- Gregg Berger (Voice Actor) known for – Garfield and Friends, Winnie the Pooh, and Transformers
Don’t forget about the Nerd Chic Fashion Show! This year’s fashion show will feature 80’s & 90’s pop culture inspired fashions. With more than 5 designers that will help you fill your nerd and geek themed apparel and accessories need.
And last but not least, no convention would be complete without a plethora of Cosplayers!
The above are just a few of the Cosplayer’s who attended last year’s Nerd Con. So if you come out this year don’t forget to come dressed as your favorite character!
So here are the details my friends:
When: August 26th-28th
Where: California Center for Arts in Escondido, CA. (340 N. Escondido Blvd, Escondido, CA. 92025)
Prices: Tickets can be purchased Online -> http://www.nerdcon2016.com or at the Door
- 1 Day General Admission -> Starts at $12 Kids, $18 Adults
- 2 Day General Admission (Fri – Sun) -> Starts at $24 Kids, $35 Adults
- VIP tickets also available
- *Check the website for more details
Parking: FREE at and around the center
Hours: 7pm – 10pm (Fri, Aug 26th), 11am – 6pm (Sat, Aug 27th), & 11am – 5pm (Sun, Aug 28th)
- 2 Stages -> Indoor Panel Stage & Outdoor Live Music Stage
- Video Gaming Floor -> Sponsored by Lan Diego
- Workshop Area -> Sponsored by SD maker Faire
- Activity Area -> Sponsored by Jolly Jump -> Includes Themed Laser Tag, Human-Sized Hungry Hippos, & Sumo Robot Wrestling
- Live Knight Battles by the Lamia Knights
- Food & Drink Area -> Sponsored by California Center for the Arts, Escondido
Overall, I think this year is going to be AMAZING!!!!! Make sure you come out if you are in the area.