Katie, Chad, Chelsea, and Rooster discuss the Whedonverse with special guest Kenny Rotter, host of the Dumbbells and Dragons podcast. You can find out more by Dumbbells and Dragons by heading to their site dumbbellsanddragons.com.
Temple of Geek “ToGCAST” episode 55 is brought to you by audible.com – get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at audibletrial.com/togcast. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
- 0:00 – Intros
- 1:22 – Who is Kenny Rotter and what is Dumbbells and Dragons?
- 5:17 – What kind of topics are on Dumbbells and Dragons?
- 11:02 – Let’s talk about Joss Whedon!
- 11:33 – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- 15:34 – The sexual awakening
- 16:46 – Firefly
- 18:46 – Recycling actors
- 20:39 – Why is Joss Whedon awesome?
- 23:18 – Not to gush completely on Joss Whedon.
- 24:29 – What is your favorite episode of Buffy?
- 30:35 – Audible bump
- 32:13 – Whedon’s movies
- 33:53 – Kenny explains why Whedon is not God’s gift to movies and cinema
- 38:25- In Your Eyes
- 40:50 – Cabin in the Woods
- 43:39 – Did he set himself up to fail Age of Ultron?
- 47:34 – Dr. Horrible Sing Along Blog
- 51:57 – Whedon’s strong female characters
- 1:05:10 – Favorite Joss Whedon project
- 1:06:53 – Kenny Rotter and Dumbbell and Dragons plug
- 1:07:46 – Closing
Mentioned In This Episode
- Dumbbells and Dragons website
- Dumbbells and Dragons on Twitter
- Dumbbells and Dragons on Facebook
- Dumbbells and Dragons on iTunes
- Albert’s Petite Sweets
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog-GWU
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog-GWU (Part 2)
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog-GWU (part 3)
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog-GWU (part 4)
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog-GWU (part 5)
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog-GWU (part 6)
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter with the handle @templeofgeek!
On This Week’s Episode
SPECIAL GUEST – KENNY ROTTER
Temple of Geek Podcast – Every Tuesday at 10am CST
Retro Rebel Podcast – Every Thursday at 10am CST