Danniel, Chad, Chelsea, Katie, Paul, and Rooster discuss the elements that are needed to make a good comic book movie. They then try to put those elements to the test.
Temple of Geek “ToGCAST” episode 61 is brought to you by audible.com – get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at audibletrial.com/togcast. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
- 0:00 – Intros
- 1:06 – Around the room
- 5:25 – What is you favorite comic book movie?
- 9:06 – What makes you go out to see the movie?
- 10:32 – Have you ever seen a trailer that misled you?
- 11:10 – What makes the movies special for you?
- 12:25 – Does a director make the film?
- 13:50 – The a superhero movie need to have realism associated with it?
- 15:03 – Some of our favorite comic movies.
- 18:24 – Why do these films stand out as great comic book films?
- 24:27 – Does too much story hurt a movie?
- 27:04 – What other elements do you need to make a good story?
- 30:52 – Audible bump
- 31:33 – Let’s pitch Marvel’s Fantastic Four.
- 50:36 – Is too much CGI bad for a movie?
- 55:13 – Final thoughts
- 56:15 – Closing
Mentioned In This Episode
- Official Watchmen Trailer
- DC Universe: Rebirth (2016) #1
- League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Fantastic Four
- Wolfgang Peterson
- V for Vendetta
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter with the handle @templeofgeek!
On This Week’s Episode
Temple of Geek Podcast – Every Tuesday at 10am CST
Retro Rebel Podcast – Every Thursday at 10am CST