During the Awards Gala of the 12th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival, the winners of the festival were announced to a packed and energized room of attendee’s and filmmakers. These dedicated filmmakers, screenwriters, actors, and producers worked tirelessly to create one of a kind works of art that deserve to be recognized. Not everyone can walk away with an award, but knowing your work has been seen at a festival such as this is quite an accomplishment.
The biggest winner of the night was Jesse Kreitzer’s Black Canaries, who won The Best Short Film Award presented by Steve Bellamy from Kodak and Company 3’s Best Cinematography Award.
Kreizter walked away with $25K in prizes, which includes $20K from Company 3 and $5K in Kodak’s film stock.
Other big winners include Company 3’s Grand Jury Award to Lee Whitaker’s Catching Fireflies and Best Director to Rayka Zehtabchi for Madaran, which each took home $20K in prizes from Company 3.
Kodak also awarded 15 categories $6K making a total of $11K in film stock at this years festival. Below are the rest of this years winners who deserve to be recognized.
12th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival Winners
- Best Action – Brix and the Bitch – Nico Raineau
- Best Animation – Bear Story – Gabriel Osorio
- Best Comedy – Drawcard – Antonio Oreña Barlin
- Best Commercial – Pancakes – Ezra Stanley
- Jury Selection Award – War One Afternoon – Jason Sklaver
- Best Documentary – Johnny Physical Lives – Joshua Neuman
- Best Drama – Lookout – Noa Gusakov
- Best Editing – Girl In White – Simen Nyland
- Best Female Director – Debris Escombros – Mary-Lyn Chambers
- Best Horror The Crypt TV Award – Flesh of My Lovers – Joshua Giuliano
- Best International – Atis – Daniel Mulloy
- Best LGBT – Other People’s People – James Fauvell
- Best VFX – Aden – Gary H Lee
- Best Music Video – Elliott Moss – Pattern Repeating – Daniel Howlid
- Best Narrative – Thunder Road – Jim Cummings
- Best Panavision Future Filmmaker Award – Out of the Village – Jonathan Stein
- Best Period Piece – Double Cross – Mark Brocking
- Best Producer – Quenottes (Pearlies) – Pascal Thiebaux, Gil Pinheiro
- Best Sci Fi – Indigo – Jody Wilson
- Best TV Category – If I Cold Tell You – Robert E. Clyde & Benjamin Clyde
- Best Screenplay – The Son, The Father… – Luka Hassel
- Screenplay Runner-up – I Want to Marry a Creative Jewish Girl – Beth de Araújox
- Best Diversity – Descry – David Yohe
- Best Student – Zoya – Sahirr Sethhi
- Best Thriller – Break My Bones – Anthony Collamati
- Best Web Series – Dirty Cops – Adam Finmann
- Best Youth – King Ripple – Luke Jaden
- Honorable Mention – The Legend of Dark Rider – Titus Paar
- Best Cinematography – Black Canaries – Jesse Kreitzer
- Best Director – Madaran – Rayka Zahtabchi
- Best Co3 Grand Jury Award – Catching Fireflies – Lee Whitaker
- Best Short Film – Black Canaries – Jesse Kreitzer
Congratulations to all the winners of this years festival!
Here are the trailers or clips from several of the HollyShorts Award Winners and some of the other featured short films from this years festival.
Visit the HollyShorts website to read up on this years selections and featured short films.
Congratulations to all of this years featured short films. Thank you for sharing your talent with attendees of the festival and with the world. Good Luck with everything in the future and we look forward to the future short and/or full length films all the filmmakers create.