Danniel chats with Chelsea, Eamon, Katie, Paul and Trey about the new Ghostbusters film. Does it hold up to the originals? The geeks dig into that and more.
Temple of Geek “ToGCAST” episode 65 is brought to you by audible.com – get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at audibletrial.com/togcast. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
- 0:00 – Intros
- 1:21 – Around the room.
- 4:42 – How was the film?
- 7:27 – Did the film work as a reboot?
- 14:28 – Was this movie just a complete rehash of the original?
- 17:14 – Chris Hemsworth segway
- 18:59 – Chelsea and Eamon join the discussion.
- 19:30 – Asking Chelsea and Eamon if the film was good
- 21:08 – Does it feel like a Ghostbusters film?
- 22:18 – What are some of the highlights of the film?
- 27:42 – Audible Bump
- 28:49 – Was the backlash warranted?
- 31:41 – Did Sony’s marketing help feminism at all?
- 33:23 – Is the critic score inflated because of the way the film was marketed?
- 38:42 – If the original film was being released today, would it receive the same backlash?
- 40:56 – Would you recommend this films for others to see?
- 41:20 – Final words on the film.
- 50:25 – What everyone hopes to see at San Diego Comic Con 2016.
- 55:42 – Closing
Mentioned In This Episode
- GHOSTBUSTERS – Official Trailer (HD)
- An article about how Sony handled the marketing of Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters Rotten Tomatoes scores
- Original Ghostbusters Rotten Tomatoes scores
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com! You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter with the handle @templeofgeek!