Capcom unveiled a new fighting game today, MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE! That’s right people, this is the return of the highly revered action-fighting game series. Marvel and Capcom universes will collide like never before as these iconic characters team up for some action-packed player-versus-player combat!
We are learning that MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE is currently in development and will simultaneously release on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One®, and Windows PC worldwide in late 2017. This is good news for players who do not like system exclusivity. Check out the teaser trailer below.
“For the last two decades, Marvel vs. Capcom has been one of the most celebrated franchises among fans,” said Mike Jones, Executive Producer, Marvel Entertainment. “To deliver on that legacy, we’ve worked closely with Capcom to create a game that honors the heritage of the series and combines Marvel’s unique brand of storytelling with Capcom’s world-class gameplay. We’re raising the bar with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and are excited for players to get their hands on it next year.”
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE OVERVIEW
This series is about the epic clash between two storied universes, Marvel and Capcom. Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat. Imagined and created through a shared vision between the two companies, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will highlight a combination of iconic locations and fan favorite characters from both universes. Right now we have Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. More characters, stages, modes and features will slowly start trickling out in the coming months.
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC
# of Players: 1-2
Release Date: Late 2017
Pricing: $59.99 MSRP
Rating: RP for “Rating Pending”
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE FEATURES
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike. Here are some of the features that will be in the game.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and free-form 2v2 team battles, which allow for new gameplay dynamics never-before-seen in the franchise.
- Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
- Iconic Heroes: Select from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from the Marvel and Capcom Universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters announced soon.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline features iconic heroes from both worlds coming together in an attempt to save their merged universe from a sinister new threat.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
“It was deeply inspiring for our development team to join forces again with Marvel and we can’t wait for our fans to experience the benefits of that collaboration first hand,” said Michael Evans, Director of Production for Capcom USA. “With Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, our goal is to provide memorable experiences and infinite gameplay possibilities for players of all skill levels.”
Tune in to ESPN2 on Sunday at 5:30PM PST, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast to see an exclusive first look of an extended gameplay trailer from MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE. Also, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is being re-released for current generation systems; with the “PlayStation 4” digital download version available today and the Xbox One® and Windows PC versions coming in March 2017. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for current-gen systems includes the following
- Features a new gallery mode,
- Contains all previous DLC,
- Improved 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
The re-release of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is being offered as an individual download title on all systems for $24.99. So what are you waiting for. Go download this game now (PS4 users) and start brushing up on your skills before MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE hits in 2017!
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2016 MARVEL
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games including ground-breaking franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Monster Hunter™, Ace Attorney®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom and its products can be found at www.capcom.com or www.capcom-unity.com.
Capcom, the Capcom logo, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. or other countries. Street Fighter is a registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Xbox One is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Slade started Temple of Geek in 2012 with his friend as a podcast. Since then, it has become a lot more. His obsessions are Transformers, Star Wars, Classic Video Games, Superheroes, and comedies.
Slade’s life was turned to the Darkside when his father gave him a gift in 1985. He was presented with the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron. Since then, Slade has become a collector of the robots in disguise.
The only other thing that comes close to Slade’s love of Transformers is Star Wars. He has met a few of the cast over the years. Slade’s one goal in life is to meet with George Lucas and just discuss movies with him.